With the sun rising earlier and earlier, not everyone has the natural ability to spring out of bed with energy and enthusiasm, however we can all grow to love the quiet and freshness the mornings can bring.
There is nothing more rewarding than starting your day with a workout first thing and feeling energised and healthy for the rest of the day.
Here’s 8 simple steps to becoming more of a morning workout person:
- Plan your workout routine for the week and prepare the night before in your mind what you will be doing at the studio. Sign up for various classes so you are committed.
- Get organized the night before and prepare and pack all the necessary gym clothes, equipment and healthy snacks the night before so you don’t wake up stressed and late.
- Discipline yourself to go to bed at the same time every night in order to get the recommended 7 – 8 hours of quality sleep we all require in order to function effectively and have energy for your workouts the next day.
- Drink enough water for your body throughout the evening and first thing when you wake up in order to be hydrated and have energy for your exercise session.
- Have a light snack when you wake up around 30 – 45 minutes before your session such as a banana, a healthy protein shake or apple to fuel your body during your workout and keep your blood sugar balanced.
- Make your workouts fun and varied including strength, cardio and flexibility and most importantly make it something you can look forward to.
- Find a workout buddy if possible to train with. This will hold you accountable and motivate you in the mornings to get out of bed.
- Make sure you reward yourself after your class or at the end of your week with a walk on one of the Sunshine Coast’s beautiful beaches, or a tea, or something else rewarding and healthy for you.
Classes start at both our Nambour and Maroochydore studios between 6am-7am every day.
See you in the morning!